Medical Center Volunteer Department
The goal of the volunteer team is to provide quality health care with dignity and compassion to those we serve.
Volunteers are an important part of the AHMC team. In addition to the satisfaction of service to others, volunteers enjoy participating in the Medical Center's special events, seminars, luncheons, and friendships.
Active volunteers are eligible for courtesy discounts from our pharmacy after achieving and maintaining 100 hours of service per year. They are also eligible to receive a complimentary meal from our dining room after four hours of service on any given day and complimentary beverage after two hours. In addition, a volunteer luncheon is held each year to recognize our volunteers.
To Become a Volunteer
Tina Andrews-Perry, Volunteer Coordinator
133 Park Street
Malone, New York 12953
Alice Hyde Nursing Home - Help is needed in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, parties, bingo, card games, music programs, church services, etc. HOURS: Varies with need, Monday through Sunday.
- Reading/Writing for Patients - Having a newspaper or magazine read to them can make a big difference in a patient or resident’s day. Keeping up with correspondences can be a difficult task when a patient is ill. HOURS: As needed.
- Coffee Shop - The snack bar is a hub of activity at our Medical Center. Volunteers help with the cash registrar, taking orders, and the delivery of food to patrons. HOURS: Each day from 9:30 a.m. until approximately 1:30 p.m.
- Gift Shop - Unique gifts, toys, candy, greeting cards, and magazines are just some of the items stocked in the Gift Shop. The Gift Shop is operated and staffed by volunteers who work as cashiers and provide customer service. HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Pharmacy and other Technical Services - The staff will appreciate your assistance with clerical work such as filing and sorting. HOURS: Monday - Friday, as needed.
- VolunTeen Program - This program was established so teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18 could experience the personal satisfaction that comes from helping others. For many young people this volunteer experience is helpful in making important career decisions. HOURS: Monday - Friday, after school and vacations. Weekends as needed.