As an organization that strives to be an excellent employer, we recognize the importance of providing employees with quality benefit plans. After all, the success of Alice Hyde is a direct result of the effort and skill of our employees.
Eligibility for each program may be dependent on employment status, work schedule or other factors. The following is a brief summary of the benefit programs available to Alice Hyde employees.
Health Insurance is available to all full-time and part-time employees.
Dental Insurance may be purchased by employees with pre-tax dollars. The SEIU 1199 and NYSNA unions offer an additional plan option for their members.
Flexible Benefit Plan
The Flexible Benefit Plan is a program to help full and part-time employees defray the costs of health insurance premiums, qualified medical expenses and qualifying dependent child care expenses. An employee may make additional contributions to use for these costs.
Alice Hyde provides Life Insurance (at 1x & 2x base compensation) and accidental death and dismemberment coverage for full and part-time employees. An employee may purchase supplemental lifeinsurance for him/herself, spouse, children.
Combined Time Off
Paid time off includes vacation, personal, sick and holiday (7 per year) time. Available amounts and accrual rates vary by position and longevity at the hospital. Additional leave categories include bereavement and jury duty.
NYSNA union employees, management and non-union employees: have access to a 401k with employer match
SEIU 1199 union employees: Alice Hyde contributes to the SEIU 1199 pension fund on behalf of these employees. Employees in this union also have access to a self-funded 403(b) program.
There are a number of funding avenues for employees to use to help cover the cost of further education. Contact Human Resources for more information.
Other Alice Hyde Employee Benefits
- Discount on purchases at our on-site retail pharmacy
- 25% discount in cafeteria when you swipe your employee badge
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Service: a confidential and free service providing assistance with a broad range of issues that may be affecting an employee's life and work
- Public Notaries are available on-site
- Gift Shop, located in the main lobby
- Free on-site parking
- Numerous wellness programs through The Wellness Committee
- Nursing Moms Room
- Local vendor discounts through the Alice Club
- AT&T and Verizon plan discounts, see vendor for enrollment