Providing Great Care in Our Post-COVID World
Thanks to your vigilance and the tireless efforts of health care workers across the North Country, we are all embarking on the next chapter in the COVID-19 pandemic.
This part of the story begins with the New York State Department of Health’s approval for us to resume elective surgeries and the phased reopening of our region. While Alice Hyde remained open for care throughout this health care crisis, our response to COVID-19 required us to pause non-essential services and programs to conserve supplies and resources for a potential surge in Coronavirus cases.
We are gradually and deliberately resuming those services and expanding diagnostic testing with the providers you know and trust. COVID-19 has changed all of our lives in ways we never imagined. It is also changing some of the ways we deliver the care you need and deserve. Here are some of the things you might notice:
- Additional care options such as telephone, video and curbside visits by leveraging technology.
- Pre-registrations for lab work and office visits to help reinforce social distancing.
- Pre-appointment phone calls with health screening questions.
- Screening everyone entering our facilities for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Continuing our policy of requiring all patients, visitors and employees to wear masks.
- Requiring those accompanying patients to wait in their vehicles while tests are completed.
- A safe process for those experiencing respiratory illness to receive the tests and care they need.
- Eliminating the use of waiting rooms in many offices.
- Modified patient flow through inpatient care areas and our practices.
- Intensive sanitization protocols around the clock and between patients’ visits.
- Drive-thru COVID-19 testing with a physician’s order.
This COVID-19 pandemic has not put an end to strokes, heart attacks, cancer, diabetes or mental health and it won’t prevent a broken arm. Remember, if you’re in need of emergent care, our Emergency Department is always open and ready to help. Please don’t delay seeking care – your health is too important.
The story of this pandemic is not yet complete. Regardless of the challenges in the chapters ahead, our journey begins and ends with our steadfast commitment to provide you and your loved ones the very best care. Thank you for your inspirational support. Know that we will be with you every step of the way as we adapt to the “new normal” of health care and our every day lives together.
Stay home. Stay safe. Stay strong.