Telehealth at Alice Hyde
Whether you have an illness, injury or need routine care, we’re here for you. Telehealth visits offer the care you need in a safe and secure way so you can still see your provider.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth – also known as telemedicine or eHealth – is a convenient way for you to get the care you need, where and when you need it. Through secure online video visits with your provider, you can access high-quality health care from the comfort of your own home. A wide variety of health needs can be addressed through Telehealth, including routine visits, follow-up appointments, post-operation care, medication review and more.
Types of Telehealth
To address all patient needs, Telehealth encompasses a variety of health care options. These include:
- Video Visits: Secure virtual visits with your provider, available in the comfort of your own home.
- Curbside Telehealth: If you have difficulty with reliable internet access or don’t have the telehealth technology, our Curbside Telehealth can connect you with your health care provider.
- Remote Patient Monitoring: A system for remotely monitoring your health data, allowing for improved health management.
- Doctor-to-Doctor: Provider-to-provider communication that allows your care team to consult with specialists in other locations.
How Can Telehealth Help Me?
- Convenience: You can acess health care in the comfort of your home, saving you time. If you don't have reliable internet access we also offer curbside telehealth services.
- Provider Access: Through a virtual visit, you’ll be able to benefit from our wide network of highly skilled providers, no matter where you’re located.
- Security: We use HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing technology to protect your privacy and the security of your health information.
- Priority: You can connect with a trusted provider when health concerns arise.
If you have difficulty with reliable internet access or don’t have the telehealth technology, our Curbside Telehealth can connect you with your health care provider. Available at our 183 Park Street Primary Care building, Tower Health Center, Bessette Health Center, Dwyer Health Center and our Endocrinology practice at 20 Fourth Street in Malone, you can call your provider to schedule a curbside visit. If you don’t have a Primary Care Provider you can call (518) 481-2287 to get enrolled with a provider and get set up for your virtual or curbside Telehealth visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact your provider’s office and let them know you’re interested in a video visit. Your care team will determine whether this type of visit is appropriate for your health needs; if it is, they will help you schedule your appointment and give you instructions for next steps.
If you do not have access to reliable internet or the necessary technology for a video visit, a telephone visit may be arranged instead.
Most departments offer some form of Telehealth visits, including (but not limited to):
- General Surgery
- Women's Health Center
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pain Management
- Primary Care
If, after your video visit, your provider determines that you need to be seen in-person, the office staff will work with you to find a convenient time for you to come in.