Alice Hyde is moving to a regional care approach for our child birth services. While we will continue to provide Women’s Health services right here in Malone, as of Monday, March 28, 2022 our Family Maternity Center will no longer perform scheduled births.
“Our priorities are to make this transition safe and seamless for expectant mothers, and to ensure they continue to have access to maternity services of the highest quality. While we are responding to the changing needs of our community, this does not change our commitment to clinical excellence, delivering compassionate care, or making sure critical women’s health services are available to our patients and communities, now and for generations to come.”
Michelle LeBeau, President,
UVM Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
and UVM Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
Learn more about our regional approach here.
When you choose our OBs and Certified Nurse-Midwives, they’ll be with you every step of the way during your pregnancy.
Whether you’re starting a family or growing the one you already have, you’ll want someone at your side you can trust to provide the best care possible. Our obstetricians and midwives are here to provide that care and guide you through pregnancy and childbirth. Most importantly, because we’re part of the region’s leading health network, we’re able to offer our high-risk patients co-managed care with leading specialists at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington.
We offer the following comprehensive services to women from the pre-pregnancy stages all the way through to postpartum care and beyond.
- Routine prenatal care
- Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists to care for high-risk patients with hypertension and diabetes
- Twin pregnancies and births
- External cephalic procedure that takes baby from "feet first" position to normal "head first" position in order to avoid c-section
- Pregnancy counseling
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean)
- Vaginal delivery
- Cesarean delivery
- Pain management options include epidural, IV medication, or Nitrous Oxide
- Centering in Pregnancy —a program that allows multiple women who are due at the same time to gather and discuss their pregnancies and upcoming births with providers and each other
- 24-hour availability to ensure no call goes unanswered during pregnancy