How Can I Help?
Many people in our region are searching for what they can do for health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some ideas.
Your donation will make a difference
Community support play's a key role in the hospital’s work caring for patients during this pandemic and many people have asked how they can help. If you wish to contribute directly to this effort, we have established a fund to support emerging needs in the days and weeks ahead. We are also welcoming donations of fabric masks for health care workers.
Home-Sewn Face Masks
We are heartened to see so many people in our community making fabric masks at home and wanting to donate them to the hospital. With a recent change in guidelines, we are now accepting donations of fabric masks. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined that fabric masks can be used when supplies are scarce. These types of masks would be for employees who DO NOT give direct patient care but would like an additional barrier of protection while they work. Plans are in place to sterilize these masks and they will be considered reusable.
Details about making and delivering fabric masks for the hospital team:
- Click here for the mask pattern from the CDC
- Click here to download the mask pattern, courtesy of The Turban Project
- Please use tightly woven cotton fabric. Elastic or fabric ties are acceptable
- Completed masks can be brought to our drop off point
- Hulbert Supply, 4082 State Route 11, Malone
- Or contact the Philanthropy Office at (518) 481-2794 to make alternate arrangements
- Please include your name and address so that we can properly thank you for your thoughtfulness
- Collected masks will be immediately sent to laundry and prepared for use
The COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund at Alice Hyde
Donations will help replenish medical supplies and support our frontline health care workers as they care for our patients and residents.
Donate by mailing your gift to:
UVM Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center
Office of Philanthropy
133 Park Street
Malone, NY 12953
Please make checks payable to Alice Hyde Medical Center and write “COVID-19 Relief Fund” in the memo.