Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services
The University of Vermont Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center is committed to treating all patients equitably, with dignity and respect regardless of the patient's healthcare insurance benefits or financial resources. For people with essential health care needs that are medically necessary and are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for a government program or otherwise unable to pay, we have financial assistance programs in place. Your inability to pay for medical services should not prevent you from receiving the care you need.
Alice Hyde Medical Center has a Patient Financial Services Representative who can help identify, assist, and support our patients with financial assistance to pay for their medical care. Assistance available includes assessing the patients' eligibility, linking patients to available government funding sources, and determining whether they are eligible for charity care or financial hardship treatment.
Patients without insurance are identified as early as possible in the registration/admission process. We offer a 48% discount off charges for those patients without insurance. This offer is automatically extended at the time of initial billing, no application required.
A new federal price transparency regulation requires U.S. hospitals to publish data on all of the charges for services we provide. Visit our price transparency web page.
How can we help you?
- We can help you understand your bill.
- We can help you if you have any confusion or questions regarding your insurance explanation of benefits or your Alice Hyde Medical Center bill.
- We provide referrals for an on-site certified application counselor to help with Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and NY Health Exchange Insurance Programs. We provide this service for both first time applicants and recertification.
- We offer assistance to inpatients for the Medicaid application process and work with the County to help expedite the process.
- We collect co-payments when you are registered for services so you don't have to worry about paying them later on.
- We offer interest free monthly installment plans (some limitations apply)
- We offer an online bill pay service
- We accept most major credit cards for payment.
- We offer payroll deduction to our employees.
- We are easily located and handicapped accessible. The Cashier’s Office is located off the main lobby of the Medical Center. The Patient Accounting Department is located at 10 Third Street, Malone, NY.
- We offer convenient hours: Our cashier's office is open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and our Financial Services office is open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- We also offer extended telephone availability for questions regarding your hospital bill: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
UVM Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center
Patient Accounting Department
10 Third Street
Malone, NY 12953
Phone: (518) 481-2241