Visiting Alice Hyde
The health and safety of our patients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic there are some important guidelines from the New York State Department of Health we want you to be aware of before coming to the hospital.
- Noon - 2 p.m. and 5 - 7 p.m.
- 7 Days a week
Entering the Facility
Please enter the hospital through the Main entrance. You’ll be required to sign in and provide your contact information. You will be asked a few health screening questions to determine if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have any symptoms. You will also have your temperature checked.
Masking: For everyone’s protection, wearing a mask for the entire time you are in the hospital is required. If you don’t have a mask, we will supply one to you and show you how to wear it properly, making sure to cover your mouth and nose.
Hand Washing: Proper hand hygiene is another important tool in combatting COVID-19. Before going up to visit a patient, you will be instructed to wash your hands.
Once you have your mask on and are finished at the hand hygiene station, you must go directly to the patient’s room. Once there, you must remain in the room for the duration of your visit, unless asked to leave by a staff member for a medical procedure.
Visiting With Patients
- One person at a time: Patients are limited to one visitor in the hospital at a time. A patient may see multiple visitors in a single day, but only one will be admitted to the hospital; additional loved ones will be asked to wait in their cars. When the first visitor for that patient has left the building, the next visitor can enter the hospital. Visitors must go through the screening, sign in, masking and hand hygiene processes each time they enter the hospital.
- Age Restriction: Visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- Stay in the room: Visitors must remain in their loved one’s room for the duration of their time in the hospital, unless a staff member asks the to step out briefly.
- COVID-19 Patients: Anyone visiting a patient with COVID-19, including suspected cases, must wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Staff members on the floor will provide you with the additional PPE and help you put it on.
Anyone failing to follow these requirements will be asked to leave the hospital.
Ending the Visit
- Concluding Visiting Hours: An overhead announcement will take place at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. each day letting you know that visitation hours are over, and you will be required to leave the hospital at that time. When you leave, please head back to the Main Entrance. You will sign out at the visitor log and exit the facility.
- Multiple Visitors: If other loved ones have come to visit a patient and visitation is still underway, the next member of your group can go into the building, going through the same process as you.
In the circumstance of same day procedure areas: Each area may have a support person accompany a patient to the initial intake process. That support person must then leave the hospital while the procedure is underway. They can rejoin the patient for the discharge process.
Tobacco, Drug & Alcohol and Firearm Policies
Tobacco Use Policy: Alice Hyde is a tobacco-free institution. Medical Center policy prohibits any tobacco use on the Medical Center grounds. If you would like help to quit smoking, please ask a nurse for assistance.
Drug & Alcohol Use: Alcohol beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited on the Medical Center grounds.
Firearms: Firearms or other dangerous weapons are not permitted within the facility except by law enforcement.
Vending Machines are located on all floors.
Park Street Café: The Park Street Café, located on the Main Floor, is temporarily closed
Cafeteria: The cafeteria is not open to visitors at this time, and will remain off-limits to visitors until further notice, even as we expand visitation.
Free WiFi: Choose the AHMC-Guest Network
- Through your wireless network settings, choose AHMC-Guest Network.
- Open your browser and follow the on-screen instructions for logging in.
Note: Different computing devices will have similar features, but may look different than the image shown.
ATM: The ATM is located on the Main Floor across from the Gift Shop
Gift Shop: The Gift Shop, located on the main floor next to the Park Street Café, is temporarily closed.
Handicap Parking: Handicap parking is available off Fourth Street near the Nursing Home entrance and Emergency Room parking lot.